It governs the privacy terms of our Website, sub-domains, and any associated web-based and mobile applications (collectively, “Website”).
We wish to hereby inform you that we comply with the protection framework for natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data, as established by the new Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament. We respect the privacy of every individual who visits our Properties and/or uses of our website, subdomain, mobile apps.
a) Voluntary information
We will collect and process information about you if you voluntarily provide us with such information in connection with the following:
• filling in a form on our website;
• filling in a physical registration card;
• contacting us by telephone or face to face;
• sending us a letter, e-mail or social media message;
• subscribing to receive a service from us (e.g., a newsletter, blog or by following us on social media);
• requesting promotional information from us (e.g., information about any of our good or services including gift cards);
• participating in a survey, competition or prize draw; or
• contributing content to us
The types of information we may obtain include:
• your name, gender, home and work contact details, business title, e-mail address, telephone number, date and place of birth, nationality;
• details of food allergies/dietary requirements and special requests made (for example, relating to a disability) you provide to us;
• passport and visa information, payment information, travel history and details of joint travellers;
• dates of your stay and associated charges;
• purchase or delivery of products or services;
• reviews and opinions about our brand, products and services;
• or information we receive about you from any third parties through whom you have booked your arrangements;
We do not collect “sensitive information” (e.g., information on racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) unless it is volunteered by you.
We may use medical or other sensitive data provided by you to better serve and meet your needs (but under no circumstances will we process any sensitive data for marketing and/or profiling purposes). Such sensitive information is only shared with our third party service providers (acting as data processors) for the purpose of providing the services you request. By making such special requests or notifying us of such preferences, you agree to us sharing your information in this way.
b) Automated information.
When you visit our website, we may also collect certain information through the use of “cookies” and other automated means. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Such information may comprise the following information:
• Date and time;
• Originating IP address;
• Domain name;
• Type of browser and operating system used (if provided by the browser);
• URL of the referring page (if provided by the browser);
• Object requested;
• Completion status of the request;
• Geographic location; or
• Language preferences.
Typically, we will use and process your information to:
• help us create content that is relevant to our visitors;
• make improvements to our websites and social media pages and ensure that content on these is presented in the most effective manner for you;
• provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
• assess and help us understand general trends and patterns relating to our business;
• provide for the safety and security of our guests and visitors;
• manage general record keeping;
• enable us to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our websites and to help us improve the structure of our websites;
• enable you to make reservations, buy gift cards and make payments;
• meet any legal and/or regulatory requirements;
• provide the products or services you request from us; and
• improve our products and services and to ensure our products and services are of interest to you.
We may process your personal information by both automated and manual means. We may use your information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
You have certain rights to the information we process about you as expressly provided for by applicable law. You may request access to a copy of the information we hold about you, update, withdraw, amend or correct the information, and in some circumstances you may object to our use of your information. You also have the right to request that we cease sending marketing communications, whether by email or otherwise, to you. To exercise these rights or to make a complaint or submit an inquiry about our privacy practices, please contact us. You will find our contact details at the end of this policy. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before do any act. Please note that if you opt out as described above, we will not be able to remove your information from the databases of third parties with whom we have already shared your information, with your consent. You should contact such third parties to opt out directly.
We take information and system security very seriously and we strive to comply with our obligations at all times. However no web or email transmission is ever totally protected or mistake free. For example, email sent out to or from the Website may not be protected. You must take unique care in deciding what info you send to us by means of email. For your own protection, we encourage you not to include sensitive personal information, credit card or similar data in any e-mails you send us or our staff.
We only retain your information for as long as needed to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected, unless otherwise provided by law. The length of time we keep your information will vary depending on the obligations we need to meet.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device. The cookie allows the website to "remember" your actions or preferences over time and generally improve the user experience. It can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Cookies may be used on this website
A list of all the cookies may be used on the Website by category is set out below.
- Session Cookies: Session cookies last only for the duration of your visit and are deleted when you close your browser. These facilitate various tasks such as allowing a website to identify that a user of a particular device is navigating from page to page, supporting website security or basic functionality.
- Persistent Cookies: Persistent cookies last after you have closed your browser, and allow a website to remember your actions and preferences. Sometimes persistent cookies are used by websites to provide targeted advertising based upon the browsing history of the device. We use persistent cookies to allow us to analyse customer visits to our site. These cookies help us to understand how customers arrive at and use our site so we can improve the overall service.
- Essential Cookies: Cookies essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, and ensuring the security of your experience. Without these cookies services you have asked for, such as applying for products and/or managing your accounts, cannot be provided. These cookies don’t gather information about you for the purposes of marketing.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use a web site, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information these cookies collect is only used to improve how a website works, the user experience and to optimise our advertising.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your username). The information these cookies collect is anonymized (i.e. it does not contain your name, address etc.) and they do not track your browsing activity across other websites.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies collect several pieces of information about your browsing habits. They are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as media publishers. These organisations do this in order to provide you with targeted adverts more relevant to you and your interests.
Using browser settings to manage cookies.